Sunday, November 13, 2011

1 Corinthians 12:12-31

I'll share something with all of you: I sometimes wonder why God made me with high blood sugar and low Vitamin D. It may sound weird, but I get really sick pretty easily. The other day when my levels were acting up, I had to go to the doctor. I knew it would involve shots and needles (which I hate) so I was praying and reading my Bible to calm down, and I read the verses I needed.
1 Corinthians 12:12-31 talk about how God made us perfectly and put us in the exact spot we need to be to fulfill His plans for the world. (It's a long verse, so look it up in your Bible at home and read it, then read my post to know what I'm talking about :)) Imagine if our nose was on our arms and our hands on our face. It would not go well at all! We would probably all have broken noses from whacking our arms (if you're anything like me and can trip over a cordless telephone sitting on a table) and our eyes would be poked out from trying to grab things with our face! Or what if our entire body was just an eye? We couldn't enjoy the sounds, tastes, and feeling of the world around us! Or if something really small went away, like our toes. They seem meaningless, but without them we couldn't walk!
Every part of our body is placed where it is for a purpose and function important to the rest of the body. How is that any different than God placing us in a certain state, family, or whatever other situation you can think of? So God gave me the trials of dealing with crazy blood to be able to testify to working hard and pushing through trials to get to a great point in life where you feel great for 1) doing something amazing and 2) knowing you kept faith through trials and tribulations, then getting to give all the glory to Christ! How cool is that?
Do you have a cool story or testimony related to this? Send it to me at missionfaithblog@gmail.com!

And don't forget to like the Mission: Faith Facebook page and follow @Mission_Faith on Twitter!

Love y'all!

Kayla

1 comment:

  1. And I'm sorry it's a day late, I ended up getting really sick again last night when I was going to finish it and publish it! But I'm better again :)

    ReplyDelete