Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Final Commandment

Tenth commandment! It's fairly simple, yet I find it is the hardest one to remember. God tells us "Thou shalt not covet". Do not want material objects. This one is the toughest one for me, but I remember I can only want one thing: Jesus Christ's love. So what are your earthly wants? Give them up! You don't need them! One of my best examples is my want for food. I'm from the Midwest, and here, we eat. But this spring, I participated in World Vision's 30 Hour Famine (if you don't know what it is, look it up online and suggest it to your youth pastor!) I raised over $180 for the hungry around the world and didn't eat for 30 hours. Hard? Heck yeah! But through prayer and busying myself with witnessing around town and helping the less fortunate by handing out food, I realized something. The Lord and His Son are the only thing I need to fill me. I did not feel very hungry during the 30 hours (although the food I ate to break my fast was some of the best food I have ever eaten (: ) I do not need an earthly thing to fill me, I only need the Lord to sustain me! You're probably thinking, well I need to eat to survive, and yes, this is true. But you do not need objects and frivolous things to make your life full. It is full with the love of Jesus Christ.

Alright everyone, I really need new ideas to write about! What do you want to hear about? Do you have a testimony you want to share with the world? Do you need a prayer? Send them all in to me at missionfaithblog@gmail.com ! Can't wait to hear from you! God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. Jemima - You have a Good point,I love Food too But not that much One of my things That I really Love is Music,I don't care what language it is,I will understand it from my heart,I love music,But I tell God all the time That I don't want to spent so much time On music that I forget about him,My want is for Music is a everyday thing But I have to remember to Put God first then put my Music second or last lol I ask Jesus to satisfy my heart so much that I would look straight to the Cross,I realize that I want to Love God and Jesus more than my Music,For that to Happen I have to know how much Jesus and God loves me and Understand for me To put everything last to have my eyes on Jesus so Yea its a step by step thing to do so Pray for me and I will pray for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so right Jemima! Use your musical talents to glorify God and Jesus Christ! Have you looked into music ministry? There are colleges around the country that specialize in ministry training, and that is what I want to do (Pastoral training, so I can go into youth ministries and children's church). What a great thing to do.

    ReplyDelete