Friday, August 5, 2011

How to think of God, Jesus Christ, and Christians

Hey everyone! Today I was thinking of how to explain God and Jesus Christ to others, and watching my brother's football game, it hit me. A Christian lifestyle is like a football game.

God is our coach. He lays down the rules, He tells us how to win. He knows how to do this, and no matter how much me may or may not like His decisions, He is right. Always. Jesus Christ is our captain. He helps the coach get the message out to the players. He also knows the game, and is right. He wants us to win. He links us to our coach. Without our loyal and loving captain, we would not have the connection with the coach. And then the Christians are the team members. We will be knocked down by the opposing team, but our coach and captain will be there cheering us on and wanting us to get back up. We cannot be discouraged when not everything goes the way we want it, because we know our coach has a plan, and He will make sure that our plan follows through. We are a winning team, guys! We can pull through in the end! Sure, we may end up with a few bruises and injuries, but we cannot be discouraged! God knows we will win! And Jesus Christ is our way of knowing this! Christ assures us of this, just like any team captain should!

I am a huge football freak, and so this analogy that God gave me made me smile so big! Do you have any other ways of thinking about it? Email them to me at missionfaithblog@gmail.com, and if they're really good, I will post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment