Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Bible Verses we need...

So everyone knows how stressful school is (and if you don't, you either go to the best school ever or don't go to school). Then throw in church/youth group, sports, activities, social time (football games, hanging out with friends, etc.), and family, and you've just created a brew destined for stress. And trust me, I know how much it sucks. I am trying to be more and more involved with my youth group (especially because I want to be a youth pastor), I am on a varsity sports team, I play flute for the top band (which means I travel, which is so fun, but will be stressful driving across the country), I am on the speech team (again, flying across the country to compete. Way fun, but catching up on classes will suck.), and I am a ballerina. Did I mention school, especially those pesky AP classes?
I want you to know this is NOT a pity party for me, because I chose all of this as my life. But I want you to understand that I get stress, anxiety, and anger. I understand depression. Even as a Christian, Satan tries to attack me, and I want to fall into a pattern of slacking off, giving up on my goals, and not caring anymore. So if you're ever feeling like this, please don't keep it bottled up inside; you are more than welcome to email me, write on the Mission: Faith's Facebook wall for community support, or tweet me @Mission_Faith.
I have been having one of "those weeks" where everything is freaking me out to the max. I can imagine a lot of people have them as well, and so it's a good idea to have a collection of Bible verses we can turn to for comfort and strenght. Some days, it may feel like God isn't speaking to us. That is not the case at all. God has an entire book written to us with His voice in every verse. He is telling us different things with each verse. So what are your favorite verses to turn to in a tough time? Let me know! And if you need a prayer, you can also post it in the comments, or if you'd rather it not be public, email me at missionfaithblog@gmail.com, and I will pray for you and try and offer you the best advice possible. Please don't keep anything bottled up inside. You need to tell someone.
Have a great week, and I can't wait to hear from you!
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment