Saturday, October 8, 2011

How to be approppriate, and yet still have fun!

Tonight is my school's homecoming dance, and I'm so excited. However, I have had to pray about some things to make sure I honor Christ this evening.
1. Making sure my attire is appropriate! My school doesn't do a typical semi-formal; we have a themed dance. My mom and I went shopping today to get me a pirate costume (the theme is On the High Seas), and when I got home and put it on, it almost showed my underwear. Quite obviously, I cannot wear that! But no worries, with a little bit of searching and cutting, I turned an old vampire dress into a super adorable pirate outfit! I know God is pleased with my decision to stay modest and keep my skirt at my knees!
2. Dancing. I love to dance, whether it's ballet or at a party. But I am always cautious about who I am dancing with. I would rather be the dork in the crowd than be the girl in the middle with boys trying to take her dress off because she doesn't care. I am praying that only the nice boys will dance with me, and in a way that pleases God.
3. After parties. My friend and I are just coming back to my house for movies and whatever after the game, so I won't have to worry about parties. However, I feel it's important to post so all of you know drinking and drugs are not okay, and it upsets God to see partiers passing out, getting high, or arrested. Please, do not get into these things. If you're in a bad situation, call someone who can drive and have them pick you up. They will be happy you did. And if you've gotten into bad things before, know that God loves you and has forgiven you!
I hope everyone has a great night! What are your favorite weekend things to do that are appropriate and still fun? Email them to me, and I will make a post about the best things to do on the weekend!

Love,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment