Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rachel's Testimony

Thanks to Rachel for sending this in!


So this summer i was at Pine Cove, at the Shores. And let me say it was AMAZING! I was blessed with a wonderful cabin and counselor.

Before camp, I was broken on the inside. I was stressed out and scared about switching highschools this year, and leaving my friends at my old school. I was so angry. I’m the type of person who doesn’t like to show emotions unless i just get completely overwhelmed. I was angry at God for letting me go through this.

Opening day was a lot of fun. My counselor was the one who greeted our car. When I walked up to my cabin, I saw a girl who was in my cabin last summer. I was happy about that because she’s just such a great girl to be around. She’s positive, funny, and mostly she loves the Lord. She helped me a lot during our week at camp.

My counselor was just amazing. I asked her when we were getting ready for bed the first night if we could talk tomorrow(Monday). During our one-on-one she told me I can do anything if I trust and give all my life to Him. It hit me hard. I just started crying, and she prayed with me, and it helped, it hasn’t before. It was an amazing feeling that i will never forget. Later that night at club(worship), during the talk,  i just got so overwhelmed. I was crying, and something hit me in my heart. that i need God in my life. For my whole life. That I can trust my life in Him, despite all i’ve gone through. so on Monday night, June 20, 2011, i accepted Christ. that i will NEVER forget. EVER.

I thank all of my cabin, my counselor, senior counselor, another senior counselor, and all the talks and people i met that week for this. you all have impacted my life for the better. i can’t thank y’all enough.

week 4 this summer was the BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE <3

No comments:

Post a Comment