Saturday, October 29, 2011

Why I'm a Christian

This is a little bit like a testimony, but not quite. A lot of people ask me why I am such a strong believer, why I chose Christianity, and why I want to go into ministry and be a youth pastor. They also ask why I love church and how can I stand to be there, and it's "fun"??!? Yes, it's fun! I love it!
It's said often that Christianity is a not a religion, but a relationship. It's completely true. Jesus is not just "some guy" we say our prayers to. He's so much more than that! He's:
                                          --A best friend
                                          --Alpha
                                          --Omega
                                          --The salt of the Earth
                                          --The way to the Father
See? And there's way more than that as well!!! That's why I am not part of another religion, but in a wonderful, awesome, glorious relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! I believe because when I pray, talk to Jesus, or talk about all the wonderful things he has given me now that I'm reborn in Christ, I feel uplifted, like light is pouring out of me. I don't know why I chose it, it just always seemed right. But church is so wonderful because you go and learn so much every week. You get to go and praise Jesus. Why wouldn't that be the best place on earth? And as for me going into ministry, it's because I want to go out and show the world who Jesus is to me. I try every day to get up and make my day devoted to Christ. I want to be the best I can be. I know sometimes I fall short, but He still loves me anyways.

Why are you a Christian? Why do you believe? Send me your story at missionfaithblog@gmail.com, and I'll post it on here! Have a great weekend everyone! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment