Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Testimony

Growing up, I was raised in a home where I learned about all religions. I love hearing about how different parts of the world praise God, but I knew that I needed to be grounded in one faith I could call my own.
Friends had invited me to youth groups and other church events, and I always loved it, and I didn't realize it then, but God was telling me I had to make myself a "regular" at one of those places. But in junior high, my faith was very wavering.
I knew there was SOMETHING out there that helped me make my decisions, but I just called it my conscience (which God is, telling us right and wrong. But we have to acknowledge it is God, not call it "luck" or anything else). Then, I would have a strong pull towards God, but things would make me shy away from it. Then, I started freshman year of high school. I was becoming depressed, relying on shallow things to make me happy. But within a little bit, I would be crashing down. My parents wanted to take me to therapy, or possibly get me on medication, to "balance my hormones". But what I needed was a strong dose of Jesus Christ. In March 2011, I got that.
My friend's foster mom wanted her to become more involved with good people, and my friend invited me to go to this youth group she was going to. We both LOVED it. We felt instant changes within ourselves.
I am joyful and happy in everything I do now, giving all the praise to God in whatever I do. I have devoted my life to Christ and spreading His Word. Jesus Christ has saved me from falling into dangerous spots.
Share your testimony, and I will post it on here (if that is all right. If you would prefer it not to be posted, just tell me in your email). Email me at missionfaithblog@gmail.com!

~*~ Anything is possible if a person believes. --Mark 9:23 ~*~

1 comment:

  1. By God's mighty power at work within us he is able to do far beyond all that we would ever dare to ask or hope. - Ephesians 3:20

    ReplyDelete