Monday, July 11, 2011

Patience

I will be the first to admit I am not the world's most patient person. I am prideful (which is awful) and don't always see people might have a point when they're telling me something. For example, my mom. I love her to death and beyond! She's amazing! But we do butt heads when she tells me I need to work on my online math class. I don't really see the point of it, but she insists on me doing it. My goal here is not to rant about her, because as I pray for patience in this situation, God tells me I should remember the 5th Commandment: You will honor your mother and father.  And so I keep a level head and remember she only wants the best for me.
Praying for patience is a very humbling thing to do. God makes you see how prideful you are. We aren't perfect, and we never will be. My youth leader told us last night "Even the most righteous act you can do looks like filthy rags to Him. But Jesus Christ saves us and so we must live a good life and follow Jesus's lead."
It's a hard thing to accept: even our kindest, most perfect act are disgusting. And it is true, because there's always a flaw. But the power of prayer will help us be our best! And the best way to try and be the best Christian you can be is to have patience. Patience while praying, while living, while witnessing, or doing math homework (okay, that one might just be me, but you get the idea!)
Now I challenge you to pray for patience, to humble yourself, and to try and become the best Christian you can be!

~*~ Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer. --Romans 12:12 ~*~

2 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Jemima,
    Don't be to hard on yourself and It takes time,I totally understand how you feel not to patient myself but I realize that I'm not perfect and I remember that Jesus shed is blood for me,In the end of the day God knows that we're not perfect and it is hard to follow his commandments but we all have to try,God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jemima! It's always reassuring to know that there are others out there that struggle with the same daily battles God gives us as well!

    ReplyDelete